This event has passed.
Date & time
All day on the 23rd of October 2015
until the end of the 24th of October
University of Notre Dame & surrounds 32 Mouat Street Fremantle
- West End
The inaugural One Planet Anti-Conference is a celebration of sustainability designed to inspire, connect and discover is presented by the City of Fremantle and brings together some of our leading sustainability innovators and change makers to present up to date information and to inspire the WA community to achiever even greater sustainability outcomes.
The conference program will be delivered in two ‘tracks’ across the ten one planet principles. These tracks will consist of a ‘mock’ debate track, and a masterclass track.
Track one format will be run in an ‘anti-conference’ style with a facilitated ‘mock’ debate. Four ‘soapboxes’ will be set-up, one in each corner of the room. The speakers will occupy a podium each, and be asked to ‘debate’ the topic they have been given from their own perspective. Speakers have been deliberately selected for their different areas of expertise or different ways of relating to the topics.
The debate will run for 40 minutes, each speaker having 10 minutes to state their case with the facilitator keeping close time.
Track two format will reflect the research topic of track one, but rather than a facilitated debate, a masterclass will be run to give delegates the opportunity to connect in a more intimate setting with their ‘subject matter expert’, and to engage in driving change through open discussion and knowledge sharing.
- Lucinda Hartley – CEO & Co-founder of Co-Design Melbourne
- John Connor – CEO of The Climate Institute
- Tim Silverwood – Co-founder of Take 3 & Circular Economy Australia
- Tom Dawkins – CEO & Co-founder of StartSomeGood.com
- Ben Gill - International Technical Manager of the One Planet Communities Program
- Brad Pettitt – City of Fremantle Mayor
Full program coming soon.
- $50 - $350 pre-registration essential
- Tickets available online.